Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Morning Inspiration

I love watching Super Soul Sunday, because I usually don't know much about the guests backstory, which makes it even more interesting. 

India Arie was amazing to listen to. Of course I knew she was a musician, but I didn't know much about her life. She's a prayerful and meditative person which resonated with me, and she shared a personal, human experience so many of us can identify with~especially as women.

How we focus on what we think others want for us, and maybe live our lives out if alignment with what possibilities are really there waiting for us to fully realize.

To bring herself out of the spiral of living the life others had projected onto her, India asked herself a question:
"If I knew I was 100% worthy of _______, what would I do?"

Great question. One that could give some clarity during those times when our minds are racing. When we feel stuck. When nothing is feeling "right".

So, is unworthiness a part of you? Do you have that inner voice that asks constantly, "Are you good enough for this? You have never done this before, why are you even going to try?". I know I have a voice that sometimes plays on an endless loop. That voice really needs to shut up.

Asking the question might do just that. 

I ask myself constantly, how can I ensure that my three daughters don't grow up developing that voice in their heads that speaks nothing but bullshit? 

Allow yourself to value yourself over what other people say/feel about you. Maybe that's the biggest piece to remember. Maybe that's what happens the older we get...because at this point, I really don't care who likes me and who doesn't. It's okay. I don't need to please everyone all the time anymore, and I am a better person for it.

If I can teach my girls that part, the voice will hopefully just say, "Go for it. Try it. Paint it. Run it. Climb it. Sing it. Learn it...because you ARE worthy of everything that follows". 

Boom. 

The three of them will be Mommies someday, and pass that new recording along to their own children. It's my job to make sure I set the tape straight. Right now. 

No pressure, right?


Surrender. Unblock yourself. Go with the flow. You're worth it

Have a great day!

{Jenn}


No comments:

Post a Comment