Friday, May 31, 2013

Peek

I'm the kind of person who is enamored by churches, regardless of what religion they're tied to, but I don't think you have to be in a building to seek or find God. 

During one of our walks along the Sound, in Duck, OBX, I stopped with my girls to peek in a special place just to the side of the boardwalk.  It's a small, round, gazebo style building with a beautiful view of the water.

The door is usually open for passers by, and it might be the smallest, but most quaint 'church' you could visit.  It sort of says, 'hey, here's a place where you can stop and say a prayer if you want....no pressure'.  Fitting for the relaxed atmosphere of OBX.



The single stained glass window inside has a beautiful message. 
It's a nice one to remember.  I thought I'd share.

 
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing, therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.


Have a great day!

{Jenn}


No comments:

Post a Comment