Friday, May 17, 2013

Maya

I have been wanting to write lately, but my computer has been painfully slow...the kind of slow where you want to lose your mind a little bit.  But I was willing to sit through the slow to post a quick one this morning.  The kids will be getting up any minute for school.

I get up at least an hour before the kids everyday~it's the only time where the silence is only pierced with the sounds of the birds from out in the backyard, or the perk of the coffee pot.  It is a little piece of heaven before the machine of the day starts cranking.

You can bet if I put on the TV, it's not to watch the news....who wants to start their day with the stabbings from overnight?  I don't.  So I dvr Oprah's Super Soul Sunday, where she talks with spiritual teachers from various backgrounds, and start my day with something positive.
I haven't gotten through the entire episode with Dr. Maya Angelou yet, but just the mention of her name lets you know it was amazing.  What an incredible woman.  It's worth watching~and if you're like me, you'll have a notebook in hand.  She gives the best tidbits of advice, especially to moms. I will take all that I can get.

When you get, give.

When you learn, teach.

Have a great morning!

{Jenn}

No comments:

Post a Comment